Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #8: Vitro by Jessica Khoury + Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme first initiated by Jill from Breaking the Spine. However, we've added our own twist to it! Not only will we feature books that will be published in the following months, but we will also feature books that are not available yet locally, and are still unavailable to us.


Title: Vitro
Author: Jessica Khoury
Publication Date: January 14, 2014
Publishing House: Razorbill
ISBN: 9781595146052

Summary:

On a remote island in Pacific, Corpus scientists have taken test tube embryos and given them life. These beings - the Vitros - have knowledge and abilities most humans can only dream of. But they have one enormous flaw.

Sophie Crue is determined to visit Skin Island and find her mother, a scientist who left Sophie behind years ago. She enlists hunky charter pilot Jim encounter more than they bargained for, including a charming, brilliant Vitro named Nicholas and an innocent, newly awoken one named Lux.

In a race for their lives, Sophie and Jim are about to discover what happens science stretches too far beyond its reach.

 (Image, summary, and information courtesy of Goodreads)

Nicole: As I am a fan of Jessica Khoury (review of Origin here) I'm obviously really excited for her next release. It's got an intriguing summary and what seems like a whole lot of human experimentation which is actually reason enough for me to want to read this book.

Title: Steelheart

Author: Brandon Sanderson
Publication Date: September 24, 2013
Publishing House: Delacorte

Summary:

Ten years ago, Calamity came. It was a burst in the sky that gave ordinary men and women extraordinary powers. The awed public started calling them Epics.

But Epics are no friend of man. With incredible gifts came the desire to rule. And to rule man you must crush his wills.

Nobody fights the Epics... Nobody but the Reckoners. A shadowy group of ordinary humans, they spend their lives studying Epics, finding their weaknesses, and then assassinating them.

And David wants in. He wants Steelheart - the Epic who is said to be invincible. The Epic who killed David's father. For years, like the Reckoners, David's been studying, and planning - and he has something they need. Not an object, but an experience.

He's seen Steelheart bleed. And he wants revenge.


(Image, summary, and information courtesy of Goodreads)

Michelle: Until now I'm still waiting for the day I get my superpowers, so it's not exactly surprising that I want want want this book. And David sounds like a guy who knows what he wants and knows exactly how to get it, which is something I haven't really seen much of in YA fiction. Needless to say, I'm really excited about this one!



17 comments:

  1. Both picks seem great! Love paranormal and dystopian books:)

    My WoW:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vitro doesn't sound too different from Origin, which I didn't love personally. Steelheart looks absolutely amazing though - I am so wanting that!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought too when I read the summary. :) I loved Origin though so I'm giving this one a go. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. These both sound awesome. I have Vitro on my TBR, but haven't read Origin yet. Steelheart sounds amazing. I can't believe I haven't heard about that one until now. I'm still waiting for my superpowers, too. Great picks!
    I'm a new follower via GFC. Your blog is adorable. I'd love it if you'd follow back.
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following! I already followed back. :)

      Delete
  4. Great minds think alike! I have VITRO as my WoW this week, too, plus I loved Origin! Wonderful selections this week...I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vitro sounds like a really good book. I think I might just add this one to my endless TBR pile :).

    Here's mine:
    http://kassiesthoughts30.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-5-crave-by-monica.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! We're pretty excited for the release of these books. Can't wait!

      Delete
  7. Vitro sounds so good! I just heard about it today and I'm super surprised about that. Great picks. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add it to your TBR pile!! Yay! Hahaha. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Oh yes, Steelheart. I stumbled upon this title recently on Goodreads. Read it and labeled it as a must read for 2013! Glad you girls are waiting for this, too!

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're pretty excited for the release! Thanks for stopping by Precious!

      Delete
  9. I'm DYING to read Vitro--it sounds so, so awesome. And I should be starting Steelheart really soon! Excited to see what all the fuss with Brandon Sanderson is for--I've heard fantastic things about all his books.

    ReplyDelete